1.28.2010

Faux Snow Day

Thursday, January 28, 2010

I decided this morning, as I peered out my third-story window, that snow in nyc doesn't know what to do with itself. It whips through narrow alleyways with a sense of urgency only to fall short of its
mission against the side of the next building. It swirls so much like a snowglobe that I'm not sure it ever lands -just purposeless, beautiful circles outside my window, several stories high. Only someone living in Colorado for the past eight years would call ny snow purposeless, I suppose, though it is romantic. I fell in love once on a first snow in ny, so it reminds me of flirtatious, sidewalk snowball fights and kissing in the street. Also cozying up to a hot cup of soup or a strong cappuccino. Mmm, if I hurry, maybe I can stop and get one today before work. The coffee in my double-walled stainless to-go mug is somehow cold this morning and too weak to work its morning magic. Eew. Bad weather in this city makes me laugh because of the wrenched expressions it puts on everyone's faces. I feel a strange comraderie with other ppl who similarly snicker at the scene. Happy snow day ny!

No comments:

Post a Comment