1.24.2010

Fancy Things For Free

Wednesday, January 20
I needed to blow off some steam after work today and the aftershock of returning from a three-day weekend, so I called up my friend Nicole to catch up and perused the merch at the Time Warner shopping center on Columbus Circle. I've really taken to pretend shopping since I moved here, which, sadly, has nothing to do with a new, more financially-responsible me. My new habit of aimlessly walking around the Gap on 57th and 7th Ave, for instance, has everything to do with avoiding frostbite while talking on the phone. I've stopped in more stores to stay warm since I moved here than ever before in my life! Luckily, its also a good way get to know the city. One of my favorite parts of the new pretend-shopping game is stopping for free product samples at Sephora. (Note: If you haven't tried the Ole Hendriksen red tea antioxidant face mask, make yourself a phone date immediately. You can call me if you need an excuse.) Nothing makes you feel fancy like expensive skin-care products for free! ...how very Breakfast at Tiffany's, no?

1 comment:

  1. speaking of breakfast at tiffany's...did you by chance kidnap my copy before you left? I seemed to have miss placed it and I always knew exactly where it was because I made a point of keeping it in the same spot FOREVER. and now it has gone missing... sad story to tell.

    ReplyDelete